Northumbrian Hot Tubs will provide you with a copy of these terms and conditions of hire when we deliver the Hot Tub to you. However, when you make a booking and pay the deposit you will be verbally accepting these terms. We will send you a copy of the Terms & Conditions before you book for your own piece of mind.
Northumbrian Hot Tubs asks that you read this document fully, before you sign. If you don’t understand something, please ask us upon delivery or call us directly on 07515364007 (JAMES) or 07850281914 (NAOMI). We require you to sign this document, you are accepting receipt of the Hot Tub for hire purposes and you have read the conditions below.
1. The Lay-Z Spa Hot Tub will be filled with cold water and will take at least 12 hours to reach the recommended temperature of between 35c and 38c.
2. Due to it taking up to 15 hours to heat up, we will need to set up the Hot Tub the day before your Rental Date. This will be all arranged once booked.
3. The Hot Tub is designed for 2-4 OR 4-6 people or 5-7 people. Overloading the Hot Tub can cause damage for which you will be liable for
4. They are expensive items to repair or replace. Please look after them like they were your own and have care and consideration when in use.
5. When using the Hot Tub, remove cover and store carefully. Enter water carefully NO JUMPING and make sure it is not too hot (test first).
6. Over filling the Hot Tub will cause it to overflow. Each person entering the Hot Tub will raise the water level by 5-7cm. When the bubbles/jets are activated the water level again rises by a similar amount.
7. We recommend to retain heat to replace the cover when not using please.
8. Always leave the Hot Tub plugged in and switched on in order for the filtration/heating systems to work. Leave the pump running all the time.
9. Do not use drugs, smoke or drink alcohol when using the Hot Tub.
10. Do not use or leave any electrical items within five feet of the Hot Tub.
11. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times when using the Hot Tub and temperature reduced in accordance. It is advised that children must be able to stand in the hot tub and have their head above the water, they shouldn’t spend no longer than 5 minutes at a time in the spa. Children’s use of the spa is completely at your (parent/guardian) own risk, and we will not be responsible. Hot tubs are set at 38 degrees which is higher than a healthy body temperature, please take note of this.
12. It is recommended that when the temperature reaches more than 37.5c you should not spend more than fifteen minutes in the Hot Tub.
13. Pregnant women and persons with heart disease, circulatory problems, diabetes or low or high blood pressure should consult a doctor before using the Hot Tub.
14. It is essential that everyone using the Hot Tub, showers before use and no foreign bodies e.g. grass, earth, sand, stones or sharp objects are introduced to the water. This could damage the material of the Hot Tub and also damage the pump unit.
15. Chemicals will need to be added. We will go through the full procedure with you when we drop off and set the Hot Tub up. If you have further questions you can reach us on the numbers provided.
16. The Chemicals will always need to be kept inside/dry area when not being used. Please don’t leave them outside to get wet and keep the tops secured at all times. If we find the chemicals to be damaged or have been misused there will be a £30 Charge.
17. Northumbrian Hot Tubs Ltd will not be responsible for any water damage that occurs from the Hot Tub when on hire towards your home or your goods and personal belongings.
18. We will travel to any address which is within 20 miles from our Business address at Alnwick. Additional miles will be charged accordingly.
19. You are liable for this Hot Tub and Hot Tub cover whilst in your custody for any loss or damage. We recommend that you contact your household insurance company to inform them of this hire and ask them to provide cover for piece of mind.
20. If after making arrangements to collect the Hot Tub at the end of the hire period, we are unable to gain access to collect the Hot Tub, there will be a charge of £50.00 for each day extra we have to wait.
21. If we have to come out to the Hot Tub whilst on hire to replace dirty water or to rectify a fault and the fault is found to be down to misuse, there will be a £50.00 call out charge.
22. If there is any damage incurred due to misuse or not following the above recommendations the renter will have to pay an additional charge in line with the insurance excess to repair or replace the hot tub or broken part. The renter understands the above information and acknowledges that the use of the Hot Tub is at the renters’ risk. Be prepared and contact your House Insurance. For any damage to the Hot Tub & Pump there will be a £200.00 Fixed Charge.
23. Cancellation Period- If you wish to cancel your Hot Tub Booking we will need a minimum of Seven days Notice for you to receive a full refund.
24. If you let us know that you wish to cancel your booking with less than Seven days’ notice, you will not be eligible for a refund but will be given the choice to move your dates forward.
25. If canceling your booking due to Covid, we will need 72 hours notice before your set up date for you to receive a refund. We will happily move your booking forward to a new date when your family/household are better.
26. We only accept payment via Bank Transfer or PayPal upon Booking. No cash is accepted. If there is a damage fee due this can be paid for in Cash to make it easier for our customer.
27. When your Hot Tub package includes the Gazebo & Lights, this will be set up prior to the Hot Tub. We will always check the weather/wind speed upon setup. If the wind is too strong we will not set up due to the chance of it being unsafe and possibly damaged.
28. If the Gazebo or Lights Are Damaged or Misused there will be a charge of £100.00 upon collection.
29. If the customer is not willing to pay for any damage costs which have become due, we will contact the police/ take legal action immediately to rectify the problem
30. Once all setups are complete including the Hot Tub & Gazebo we will carry out a final inspection and take a photo for our social media once we have the home owner’s permission.